Search by Keyword
Coping with Food Intolerances-Downloadable PDF
If you have a food intolerance and are facing the sometimes confusing and always difficult transition to a new diet, this is the how-to book for you. Dr. Thom will tell you:
* The difference between a food allergy and a food sensitivity, and why some doctors overlook the importance of food sensitivities in illness.
* Why the food you are most sensitive to is sometimes your favorite food, the one you just can't go without.
* Why childhood food sensitivities seem to disappear, only to resurface later in adult life.
* How to shop for, cook, and enjoy healthy substitutes for dairy, wheat, corn, sugar, and other common causes of sensitivity. Coping With Food Intolerances offers shopping lists, meal plans, and more than sixty recipes for delicious meals.
* How to identify hidden food sources of allergens. Did you know that bologna may contain milk solids? That ice cream and salad dressing may contain wheat?
* How to monitor your progress with a symptom checklist. Then see how the symptoms change when you reintroduce an offending food.
* How to improve the nutrition and enjoyment of foods in your diet while making changes. Learn non-dairy food sources that provide even more calcium than milk. Sugar substitutes that provide minerals as they sweeten.
* How to make health-giving sprouts.
"Here is the book to unravel the mystery of your sensitivities and what to do about them, and at the same time, bolster your immune system, so some other disease won't catch you. "
Lendon Smith, MD
Note: This is in PDF format and once payment is complete, you will be contacted either with a URL to download the file